Last Updated: February 3, 2016
If you are not eligible, or do not agree to the Terms, then you do not have our permission to use or submit content to the Service.
These Terms provide that all disputes between you and WTJ will be resolved by BINDING ARBITRATION. YOU AGREE TO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend your rights under this contract, except for matters that may be taken to small claims court. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury, and your claims cannot be brought as a class action. Please review Section 17 (“Dispute Resolution and Arbitration”) for the details regarding your agreement to arbitrate any disputes with WTJ.
1. WTJ Service Overview. WTJ allows users to find and share stories and images documenting their experience of making a personal or professional change to pursue their passions. We collect, edit, and publish narratives to inform and inspire anyone thinking about making “The Jump.”
2. Eligibility. You must be at least 18 years of age to use the Service. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us that: (a) you are at least 18 years of age; (b) you have not previously been suspended or removed from the Service; and (c) your registration and your use of the Service will not violate any law or regulation.
3. User Content
3.1 User Content Generally. Certain features of the Service may permit users to upload content to, or otherwise share content with, the Service, including video, images, text, and other types of works (“User Content”). You retain copyright and any other proprietary rights that you may hold in the User Content that you upload to, or otherwise share through, the Service.
3.2 Submitting User Content. When you submit User Content to the Service, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself, including your name, your email address or other contact information, and your username(s) associated with third party websites or services. You agree that the information you provide to us is accurate and that you will keep it accurate and up-to-date at all times. If you are asked to create an account and elect to do so, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, then you must immediately notify WTJ by emailing WTJ at the email address for support-related inquiries identified on our Contact page.
3.3 Limited License Grant to WTJ. By uploading or submitting User Content to WTJ or the Service, including by submitting User Content to WTJ’s account on a third party service such as Medium.com, you grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid right and license (with the right to sublicense) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, and distribute your User Content, in whole or in part, in any formats and through any distribution methods or media channels now known or hereafter developed. For the avoidance of doubt, this license permits us to edit, publish, and otherwise make available your content in print media or on other websites including, but not limited to, Medium.com. You hereby irrevocably and perpetually waive and agree never to assert anywhere in the world, any and all (i) rights of inspection or approval of your User Content; (ii) rights of privacy, publicity, or any other similar rights in connection with your User Content; and (iii) moral rights you may have in any User Content, including without limited any rights of paternity, integrity, and/or attribution, and any similar right existing under the judicial or statutory law of any country in the world or under any treaty, regardless of whether or not that right is denominated or generally referred to as a moral right.
3.4 User Content Representations and Warranties. You are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing User Content. By uploading, posting, or otherwise agreeing to share User Content, you affirm, represent, and warrant that:
a. you are the creator and owner of the User Content, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to authorize WTJ to exercise the licenses granted by you in these Terms; and
b. your User Content, and the use of your User Content as contemplated by these Terms, does not and will not: (i) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity or other property rights of any other person; or (iii) cause WTJ to violate any law or regulation.
3.5 User Content Disclaimer. We are under no obligation to edit, control, or publish User Content, and will not be in any way responsible or liable for User Content. WTJ may, however, at any time and without prior notice, screen, remove, edit, or block any User Content for any or no reason. You understand that when using the Service you will be exposed to User Content from a variety of sources and acknowledge that User Content may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. You agree to waive, and do waive, any legal or equitable right or remedy you have or may have against WTJ with respect to User Content. We expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with User Content.
4. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
4.1 DMCA Notification. We comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act applicable to Internet service providers (17 U.S.C. §512, as amended). If you have an intellectual property rights-related complaint about material posted on the Service, you may contact our Designated Agent at the address provided on the Contact page.
Any notice alleging that materials hosted by or distributed through the Service infringe intellectual property rights must include the following information:
a. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other right being infringed;
b. a description of the copyright-protected work or other intellectual property right that you claim has been infringed;
c. a description of the material that you claim is infringing and where it is located on the Service;
d. your address, telephone number, and email address;
e. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of those materials on the Service is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
f. a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
4.2 Repeat Infringers. WTJ will promptly block from the Service users that are determined by us to be “Repeat Infringers.” A Repeat Infringer is a user who has been notified of infringing activity or has had User Content removed from the Service at least twice. If a Repeat Infringer has registered an account with the Service, we will promptly terminate that account.
5. Prohibited Conduct. YOU AGREE NOT TO:
5.1 use the Service for any illegal purpose or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law;
5.2 violate any right of a third party, including by infringing or misappropriating any third party intellectual property right;
5.3 submit, post, upload, or distribute any User Content or other content that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, or that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate;
5.4 interfere with security-related features of the Service, including by: (a) disabling or circumventing features that prevent or limit use or copying of any content; or (b) reverse engineering or otherwise attempting to discover the source code of any portion of the Service except to the extent that the activity is expressly permitted by applicable law;
5.5 interfere with the operation of the Service or any user’s enjoyment of the Service, including by: (a) uploading or otherwise disseminating any virus, adware, spyware, worm, or other malicious code; (b) making any unsolicited offer or advertisement to another user of the Service; (c) collecting personal information about another user or third party without consent; or (d) interfering with, intruding into, or disrupting any network, equipment, or server connected to or used to provide the Service;
5.6 perform any fraudulent activity including impersonating any person or entity, claiming a false affiliation, accessing any other Service account without permission, or lying about your age; or
5.7 sell or otherwise transfer the access granted under these Terms or any Materials (as defined in Section 10) or any right or ability to view, access, or use any Material; or
5.8 otherwise attempt to do any of the acts described in this Section 5, or assist, encourage, permit, or request any person to engage in any of the acts described in this Section 5.
6. Third-Party Services and Linked Websites. WTJ may provide tools through the Service that enable you to export information, including User Content, to third party services, including features that allow you to link your account on the Service with an account on a third party service, such as Twitter or Facebook. We may also implement third party buttons, such as “like” or “share” buttons. By using any of these tools, you agree that we may transfer that information to the applicable third-party service. Third party services are not under our control, and we are not responsible for any third party service’s use of your exported information. The Service may also contain links to third-party websites. WTJ is not responsible for, and does not control, any content on such websites that was not published by us.
7. Termination of Permission; Discontinuation and Modification of the Service. If you violate any of these Terms, your permission to use the Service will terminate automatically. In addition, we may suspend or terminate your user account or your access to the Service at any time, for any reason or no reason, with or without notice. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Service or any of its features at any time, temporarily or permanently, without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever on account of any change to the Service or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Service.
8.2 Additional Terms. Your use of the Service is subject to all additional terms, policies, rules, or guidelines applicable to the Service or certain features of the Service that we may post on or link to from the Service (the “Additional Terms”), such as rules that apply to a particular feature or content on the Service, subject to Section 9. All Additional Terms are incorporated by this reference into, and made a part of, these Terms.
9. Modification of these Terms. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change these Terms on a going-forward basis at any time. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. If a change to these Terms materially modifies your rights or obligations, you will be required to accept the modified Terms in order to continue to use or otherwise submit additional User Content to the Service. Material modifications are effective upon your acceptance of the modified Terms. Immaterial modifications are effective upon publication. Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with the version of these Terms that was effective at the time the dispute arose.
10. Ownership; Proprietary Rights. The Service is owned and operated by WTJ. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, data, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Service (“Materials”) provided by WTJ are protected by intellectual property and other laws. All Materials are the property of WTJ or our third-party licensors. WTJ reserves all rights to the Materials not granted expressly in these Terms.
11. Feedback. If you choose to provide us with input and suggestions regarding problems with or proposed modifications or improvements to the Service (“Feedback”), then you hereby grant WTJ an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free right to exploit the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose, including to improve the Service and create other products and services.
12. Indemnity. You are responsible for your use of the Service, and you will defend and indemnify WTJ and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents (together, the “WTJ Entities”) from and against every claim, liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with: (a) your access to, use of, or alleged use of, the Service; (b) your breach of any portion of these Terms, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in these Terms, or violation of any applicable law or regulation; (c) your violation of any third-party right, including any intellectual property right or publicity, confidentiality, other property, or privacy right; or (d) any dispute or issue between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of that claim.
13. Disclaimers; No Warranties
THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE WTJ ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SERVICE AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, INCLUDING: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. THE WTJ ENTITIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICE, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE WTJ ENTITIES OR THE SERVICE THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE, YOUR DEALING WITH ANY OTHER SERVICE USER, AND ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE THE SERVICE, AND USE, ACCESS, DOWNLOAD, OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIALS OR CONTENT THROUGH THE SERVICE AND ANY ASSOCIATED SITES OR SERVICES, AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER EQUIPMENT USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE), OR THE LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE, MATERIALS, OR CONTENT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY PROHIBIT A DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
14. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE WTJ ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS) RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ANY WTJ ENTITY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 17.4(iii), THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE WTJ ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE OR OTHERWISE UNDER THESE TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF: (A) THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO WTJ FOR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT(S) OR CIRCUMSTANCES GIVING RISE TO CLAIM; OR (B) $100.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
EACH PROVISION OF THESE TERMS THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS INTENDED TO AND DOES ALLOCATE THE RISKS BETWEEN THE PARTIES UNDER THESE TERMS. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 14 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
15. Governing Law. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of law principles. If a lawsuit or court proceeding is permitted under these Terms, then you and WTJ agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located within the County of San Francisco, California for the purpose of litigating any dispute. We operate the Service from our offices in California, and we make no representation that Materials included in the Service are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
17. Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
17.1 Generally. In the interest of resolving disputes between you and WTJ in the most expedient and cost effective manner, you and WTJ agree that every dispute arising in connection with these Terms will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. This agreement to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of these Terms, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether a claim arises during or after the termination of these Terms. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND WTJ ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
17.2 Exceptions. Despite the provisions of Section 17.1, nothing in these Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of either party to: (a) bring an individual action in small claims court; (b) pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available; (c) seek injunctive relief in a court of law; or (d) to file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
17.3 Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and WTJ will be settled under the Federal Arbitration Act, and governed by the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as modified by these Terms, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by contacting WTJ.
17.4 Notice; Process. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other party by certified U.S. Mail or by Federal Express (signature required) or, only if such other party has not provided a current physical address, then by electronic mail (“Notice”). WTJ's address for Notice is available on the Contact page. The Notice must: (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). The parties will make good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if the parties do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or WTJ may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or WTJ must not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any. If the dispute is finally resolved through arbitration in your favor, WTJ will pay you the highest of the following: (i) the amount awarded by the arbitrator, if any; (ii) the last written settlement amount offered by WTJ in settlement of the dispute prior to the arbitrator’s award; or (iii) $1,000.
17.5 Fees. If you commence arbitration in accordance with these Terms, WTJ will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $10,000, in which case the payment of any fees will be decided by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearing will take place at a location to be agreed upon in the County of San Francisco, California, but if the claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted: (a) solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator; (b) through a non-appearance based telephone hearing; or (c) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules in the county (or parish) of your billing address. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, you agree to reimburse WTJ for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
17.6 No Class Actions. YOU AND WTJ AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and WTJ agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
17.7 Modifications to this Arbitration Provision. If WTJ makes any future change to this arbitration provision, other than a change to WTJ's address for Notice, you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to WTJ's address for Notice, in which case your account with WTJ will be immediately terminated and this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the changes you rejected will survive.
17.8 Enforceability. If Section 17.6 is found to be unenforceable or if the entirety of this Section 17 is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Section 17 will be null and void and, in that case, the parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Section 15 will govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms.
19. Contact Information. The Service is offered by When to Jump LLC, located at the address provided on our Contact page. You may contact us by sending correspondence to that address or by emailing us at the email addresses identified on our Contact page.
20. Notice Regarding Apple. If you are using our mobile applications on an iOS device, the terms of this Section 20 apply. You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and WTJ only, not with Apple, and Apple is not responsible for the Service or its content. Apple has no obligation to furnish any maintenance or support services with respect to the Service. If the Service fails to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple and Apple will refund any applicable purchase price for the mobile application to you; and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple has no other warranty obligation with respect to the Service. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claim by you or any third party relating to the Service or your possession or use of the Service, including: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Service fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement or discharge of any third party claim that the Service or your possession and use of the mobile application infringe that third party’s intellectual property rights. You agree to comply with any applicable third party terms when using the Service. Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of Section 9 of these Terms, and upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Section 9 of these Terms against you. You hereby represent and warrant that: (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
Last Updated: February 3, 2016
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in When to Jump LLC (“WTJ”, “we,” or “us”) and our website at www.whentojump.com, along with our related websites, applications, and other services provided by us (collectively, our “Service”).
Information We Collect on the Service:
· Personal Information. When you use the Service, you may provide and we may collect information that specifically identifies you (your “Personal Information”). Personal Information may include your name, username with the Service or with a third party service, email address, telephone number, photograph, or geographic location and any other information you submit to us. You may provide us with Personal Information in various ways and at various times, such as when you share User Content, browse the Service, register an account, or contact us by email.
· Cookies and Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Service, we may send one or more small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters (“cookies”) to your device. Some cookies disappear when you close your browser, but others may persist on your device after you close your browser and may be used on subsequent visits to the Service, such as to remember your preferences.
We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including web beacons (also known as “clear gifs"). This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users and visitors, and may be connected with your Personal Information.
· Location Information. We may obtain information about your physical location, such as by use of GPS and other geolocation features in your device, metadata embedded in photographs you share, or by inference from other information we collect (for example, your IP address indicates the general geographic region from which you are connecting to the internet).
· Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including Personal Information, from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners and advertisers. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Information that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
How We Use the Information We Collect.
We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
· We may use the information that we collect on the Service to attribute your User Content to you if we publish such User Content in any way, for example by associating your name, username on a third party service, or photograph with the content, whether the content is on the Service or published in hard copy.
· We use the information that we collect on the Service to develop, operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users and visitors.
· We use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users and visitors, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
· We may use your email address or other information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. Generally, you have the ability to opt out of receiving promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices.”
When We Disclose Information.
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
· We may publish any User Content that you upload or otherwise share with us. Upon publication, your User Content may become publicly visible to others, including other users, visitors, or viewers of our site or other sites or media on which we publish your User Content.
· We work with third party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
· We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
· We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
· Information about our users, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee of WTJ as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
· We may make certain aggregated, automatically-collected, or otherwise non-Personal Information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to consider your User Content for publication or provide to you some or all of the features and functionality of the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your account information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page on the Service. If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Information we hold about you, you may contact us at the email address for support-related inquiries on our Contact page. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in our databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at the email address for support-related inquiries on our Contact page. or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Service.
Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that period. Additionally, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
Your device operating system or browser may include settings, options, or add-on components to control the placement and presence of cookies. Please note that if you choose to delete (or not to accept) cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
The Service may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties, including social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Our website is a general audience website not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected on the Service from a child under 13 years of age without parental consent, then we will take appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us at the email address for privacy-related inquiries on our Contact page, and request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our systems.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of Personal Data that we collect and maintain. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service.
The Service is hosted in the United States and is designed for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please be aware that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Your California Privacy Rights
Residents of California have the right to request a disclosure describing what types of personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and with whom we have shared it, during the preceding calendar year. You may request a copy of that disclosure by contacting us at the address for privacy-related inquiries on our Contact page.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your Personal Information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email using the address for privacy-related inquiries on our Contact page.
When to Jump LLC
Address located on our Contact page